Scribd has a lot of features. Most of them are pretty apparent, but we want to point out a few that you might have overlooked:
· Our embeddable PDF player. Scribd documents can easily be embedded in other webpages, such as your blog or Myspace profile. Just copy and paste the embed code on the right side of each document.
· High quality conversions. We convert among a variety of different formats really well, and you are welcome to use our services to convert your docs.
· Audio downloads. We have a very high quality text-to-speech converter and the play button icon below “download as” let’s you download the audio version as an mp3. This means you can use Scribd to convert a book to a format you can listen to on your iPod.
· Traffic analytics. This is definitely one of the most popular features on Scribd and people seem to spend hours playing with it. There are a lot of different things you can do, so be sure to sample them all.
· Text statistics. This is a very cool feature that often gets overlooked. Below the traffic analytics, you can see things like how big the words are that you use.
· Print(fu). If you order a printed copy of someone’s work, the author gets emailed a dollar! Support the author AND get very high quality printings.
· Favorites. This link at the bottom of every document lets you save a document in your “favorites” so you can come back and find it later. It is also a good way to tell the author you like his work and to notify your friends that you favorited something. This feature is very useful and we recommend you give it a try.
We have an endless list of features we want to add. We will mention just three of them for now:
· Recommendations. We hope to use artificial intelligence to recommend documents to you based on what you like. So if you’re a poetry person, we can select for you the highest quality poems to read. If you like funny political jokes, we’ll direct you right to what you are looking for.
· Groups. This will allow you to publish and discuss in smaller groups with people you know or have similar interests. Scribd already has a pretty big community and it’s about time that we make it a bit more manageable.
That’s all we’re going to say about features for now. If you have any questions about this or suggestions for features, please get in touch using email@example.com or just email Trip at firstname.lastname@example.org.